scrape 英 [skreɪp]   美 [skrep]

scrape

scrape  英 [skreɪp] 美 [skrep]

n. 刮擦;擦伤  v. 刮擦;擦伤;勉强 

进行时:scraping  过去式:scraped  过去分词:scraped  第三人称单数:scrapes  名词复数:scrapes 

She scraped the mud off her boots. 她刮掉了靴子上的泥。
The kids had scraped their plates clean. 孩子们把自己的盘子擦得干干净净。

  • To scrape something is to scratch or remove its surface. If you scrape your knee, you'll probably need a Band Aid.
  • 请先登录
  • n. 刮擦;擦伤
  • v. 刮擦;擦伤;勉强
  • 1. She scraped the mud off her boots.

    她刮掉了靴子上的泥。

  • 2. The kids had scraped their plates clean.

    孩子们把自己的盘子擦得干干净净。

  • 3. She fell and scraped her knee.

    她摔了一跤,把膝盖蹭破了。

  • 4. I scraped the side of my car on the wall.

    我车的一侧被墙刮了。

  • 5. Sorry, I've scraped some paint off the car.

    抱歉,我把车刮掉了一块漆。

  • 6. I could hear his pen scraping across the paper.

    我听得见他的钢笔在纸上沙沙地响。

  • 7. We could hear her scraping away at the violin.

    我们听得见她正一个劲儿吱吱呀呀地拉小提琴。

  • 8. Don't scrape your chairs on the floor.

    别把椅子在地板上蹭得嘎吱嘎吱响。

  • 9. The team scraped a narrow victory last year.

    这支队去年险胜。

  • 10. I just scraped a pass in the exam.

    我考试勉强及格。

  • 11. They scraped a living by playing music on the streets.

    他们在街头演奏音乐,勉强维持生活。

  • 12. The government scraped home by three votes.

    政府以三票的微弱优势勉强过关。

  • 13. He found a suitable place, scraped a hole and buried the bag in it.

    他找了个合适的地方,挖个坑,把包埋了进去。

  • 14. Her hair was scraped back from her face in a ponytail.

    她的头发拢在后面,扎成一个马尾辫。

  • 15. I might scrape through the exam if I'm lucky.

    要是走运的话,我也许能勉强及格。

  • 16. We managed to scrape together eight volunteers.

    我们好不容易凑齐八名志愿者。

  • 17. the scrape of iron on stone

    铁摩擦石头发出的嚓嚓声

  • 18. She emerged from the overturned car with only a few scrapes and bruises.

    她从翻了的车里钻出来,只擦破一点皮,碰了几块瘀青。

  • scrape (n.) mid-15c., "a scraping instrument;" late 15c., "act of scraping or scratching," from scrape (v.). Meaning "a shave" is slang from 1859. Meaning "embarrassing or awkward predicament" is recorded from 1709, as OED suggests, "probably from the notion of being 'scraped' in going through a narrow passage."
  • scrape (v.) early 13c., probably from Old Norse skrapa "to scrape, erase," from Proto-Germanic *skrapojan (source also of Old English scrapian "to scrape," Dutch schrapen, German schrappen), from PIE *skerb-, extension of root *sker- (1) "to cut." Meaning "gather by great effort, collect with difficulty" is from 1540s. Related: Scraped; scraping. To scrape the bottom of the barrel in figurative sense is from 1942, in reference to U.S. employers facing worker shortages during the war.
scrape / skreɪp ; NAmE skreɪp / verb , noun scrape scrapes scraped scraping verb remove 除去 1 [transitive ] to remove sth from a surface by moving sth sharp and hard like a knife across it 刮掉;削去 scrapesth (+ adv./prep.) She scraped the mud off her boots. 她刮掉了靴子上的泥。 scrapesth + adj. The kids had scraped their plates clean. 孩子们把自己的盘子擦得干干净净。 damage 损坏 2 [transitive ] to rub sth by accident so that it gets damaged or hurt 擦坏;擦伤;刮坏;蹭破 scrapesth She fell and scraped her knee. 她摔了一跤,把膝盖蹭破了。 scrapesth + adv./prep. I scraped the side of my car on the wall. 我车的一侧被墙刮了。 Sorry, I've scraped some paint off the car. 抱歉,我把车刮掉了一块漆。 The wire had scraped the skin from her fingers. 她的手指头让金属丝刮掉了皮。 make sound 发出声音 3 [intransitive ,  transitive ] to make an unpleasant noise by rubbing against a hard surface; to make sth do this (使)发出刺耳的刮擦声 (+ adv./prep.) I could hear his pen scraping across the paper. 我听得见他的钢笔在纸上沙沙地响。 We could hear her scraping away at the violin. 我们听得见她正一个劲儿吱吱呀呀地拉小提琴。 scrapesth (+ adv./prep.) Don't scrape your chairs on the floor. 别把椅子在地板上蹭得嘎吱嘎吱响。 win with difficulty 艰难获取 4 [transitive ,  intransitive ] scrape(sth) to manage to win or to get sth with difficulty 艰难取得;勉强获得 The team scraped a narrow victory last year. 这支队去年险胜。 ( BrE) I just scraped a pass in the exam. 我考试勉强及格。 They scraped a livingby playing music on the streets. 他们在街头演奏音乐,勉强维持生活。 The government scraped home (= just won)by three votes. 政府以三票的微弱优势勉强过关。 make hole in ground 在地上挖坑 5 [transitive ] scrapesth (out) to make a hole or hollow place in the ground 挖坑;挖洞 He found a suitable place, scraped a hole and buried the bag in it. 他找了个合适的地方,挖个坑,把包埋了进去。 pull hair back 朝后拢头发 6 [transitive ] ~ your hair back to pull your hair tightly back, away from your face 把头发拢在后面 Her hair was scraped back from her face in a ponytail. 她的头发拢在后面,扎成一个马尾辫。 IDIOM scrape (the bottom of) the ˈbarrel ( disapproving) to have to use whatever things or people you can get, because there is not much choice available (因别无选择)将就,凑合 more at bow 1 v. PHRASAL VERBS ˌscrape ˈby (on sth) to manage to live on the money you have, but with difficulty (靠…)勉强维持生计,糊口,艰难度日 I can just scrape by on what my parents give me. 我靠父母给的那点钱只能勉强度日。 ˌscrape ˈin | ˌscrape ˈinto sth to manage to get a job, a position, a place at college, etc, but with difficulty 勉强获得(工作、职位、入学资格等) He scraped in with 180 votes. 他以 180 票勉强当选。 Our team just scraped into the semi-finals. 我们这支队勉强挤入半决赛。 ˌscrape sth↔ˈout to remove sth from inside sth else, using sth sharp or hard like a knife 挖出;掘出 Scrape out the flesh of the melon with a spoon. 用小勺挖出瓜瓤。 ˌscrape ˈthrough | ˌscrape ˈthrough sth to succeed in doing sth with difficulty, especially in passing an exam 艰难完成;勉强通过(考试) I might scrape through the exam if I'm lucky. 要是走运的话,我也许能勉强及格。 ˌscrape sth↔toˈgether/ˈup to obtain or collect together sth, but with difficulty 勉强凑集;费力聚拢;艰难筹措 We managed to scrape together eight volunteers. 我们好不容易凑齐八名志愿者。 noun action/sound 动作;声音 1 [singular ] the action or unpleasant sound of one thing rubbing roughly against another 刮;铲;刮铲声;刮擦声 the scrape of iron on stone 铁摩擦石头发出的嚓嚓声 damage 损坏 2 [countable ] an injury or a mark caused by rubbing against sth rough 擦伤;擦痕 She emerged from the overturned car with only a few scrapes and bruises. 她从翻了的车里钻出来,只擦破一点皮,碰了几块瘀青。 difficult situation 困境 3 [countable ] ( old-fashioned) a difficult situation that you have caused yourself 自己造成的困境 He was always getting into scrapes as a boy. 他小时候老闯祸。 scrape / skreɪp ; NAmE skreɪp /
  • 请先登录